If setting up a micro-business remains simple, developing your activity represents a real challenge. You have to go through several steps in order to achieve success. Here are some tips to help you reach your goals and avoid the classic mistakes of self-employment.
Many believe that once the steps have been taken to set up a business, the requests will come by themselves. There is no such thing as magic in starting a business , so don’t assume that your self-employed business will climb to the top on its own and effortlessly in a flash of time. Starting a business takes time, investment, but also patience.
Unlike beliefs, being a self-entrepreneur takes work and considerable effort. It is not enough to set up your service and wait. When you are starting out, you have to devote most of your free time to your new role, so expect to stay focused on your activity if you want it to grow and to take an interest in all the information that concerns your business. sector in which you are launching your activity. You can do this by reading books or by going to dig up information on the internet.
Prospect and develop its visibility
A new company must always ensure that it gets talked about, especially with its prospects. To get started, feel free to list your prospects and contact them in the way that you think is the most effective.
Also take a look at all the ways that your self-employed business can gain exposure and to name a few that can be put in place:
- Amplify your presence on social networks: they are means of communication used worldwide and free of charge. This type of platform also allows companies to attract the attention of the general public by creating Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn pages or accounts for your self-business …
- Write expert opinion pieces to highlight your expertise.
- Create a website or a blog entirely dedicated to your activity. This will allow you to establish your presence on the internet and take your first steps on the web.
- You look at SEO: the difficulty residing in the fact of going up in the search engines, you can also learn about concepts such as SEO and SEA.
- Post advertisements on sites or blogs related to your activity.
- Communicate in the media
- Distribute leaflets or flyers or more widely do street marketing
- Learn how to sell yourself by creating a pitch.
Pick the right time
Any business creation involves risks and caution is essential. So before you start your activity and leave your post, assess the various difficulties that could arise along the way and prepare yourself mentally to have to give the maximum:
- If you’re in any other role, don’t think about quitting your job on a whim. As the law allows the parallel work of self-entrepreneurship, keep it as long as possible until your activity becomes too time-consuming and you are sure that your project has every chance of success.
- If you have any doubts, it is better to take a step back and do more in-depth study of your business idea.
- Don’t rush and take your time, entrepreneurship is more of a marathon than a sprint.